How to certify PM-Tools
The primary objective of LICS® is to harmonize the approach to the certification of project management tools in compliance with EN 15038 by various certification bodies and/or auditors. This is achieved through a Certification Scheme, which is mandatory for all LICS® certification partners.
- Application: The aplicant shall file an application using the form provided according to the terms and conditions of LICS.
- Documentation: Before the audit is carried out, the applicant shall provide documentation on the PM-tool to be certified. This documentation shall contain the following:
– Name and address of the applicant
– Version and basic features of the project management tool to be certified,
– Documentation of the features and functionalities of the PMT pursuant to Annex A regarding compliance with the requirements of EN 15038.
- Assessment of the PM-Tool: The audit shall be carried out by an assessor. The assessor is a qualified auditor who has in-depth knowledge of EN 15038 and experience with translation services and the use of IT project management tools in translation services. The assessment shall be carried out in accordance with Annex A in the certification scheme.
- Issuing the certificate: The positive assessment of the audit is the prerequisite for the issuing of the certificate. The certificate relates only to the version of the software tested.